Thursday, August 18, 2005

musing's on my stone floor


I was cleaning the kitchen floor today, thinking about my previous post about the stone flooring, and thought I really hadn't been fair. I mentioned that it was hard work to put in, but I haven't mentioned how much I absolutely love it!!!!!!! It is the perfect floor for me! It's the color of dirt, which means I don't look at it everyday and moan because I have to clean it. I actually enjoy cleaning it too. One of my favorite childhood smells is wet cement (another tale for another time) and as I mop the floor it has that earthy wet smell. Ahh. Anyway, I am really glad that we have this tile (in comparison to lineolum, and tile that we previously have had in our Phoenix house) and I think that it was totally worth the hard work, and it really was a great deal!

3 comments:

Sariah said...

The tile looks great. We want to put tile in the kitchen and I agree its a good idea to have it dark. Bryan says I should explain. Then you don't see the dirt.

kristi r said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
N8ster said...

Whatever you do, don't use white grout. We did that one time--massive mistake.

It looks nice. Of all the home improvement projects you can undertake, tile isn't that bad--we have always done it on concrete, which is easy. I havn't tried tile on a wood floor--I would worry about all the grout cracking.

You'll have to share the wet concrete smell story sometime.