Two things that I find interesting:
1. How hard a hamster tries to get out of a cage. I woke up this morning about 5am to the very specific sound of a small rodent chewing on something. I couldn't see her in our room, but upon checking her cage downstairs (1o stairs down to the main level, and four stairs down to the room her cage is in - quite a feat for a hamster I think) she had escaped. She has previously learned how to push open her cage door so now that is safety pinned shut, but she pushed through one of those places that if you bought more tunnel tubing you can attach it. The plug was on the floor, and the punch out of plastic was punched out - by Wonder. Anyway, Matt and I looked for her, but she was being very quiet while we looked, so we laid back down, and when it was quiet and dark again she was caught in the act by Matt, and I put her back in her now Duct taped plugged cage. We'll see how it works tonight. . .
2. I'm amazed at how "nesting" has affected me this pregnancy. Within the last week I have managed to clean out a linen closet, and go through boxes of kids clothes, and worked on organizing the kids rooms for the adjustment, etc. It seems that each pregnancy I have managed to nest earlier and earlier. I would think the opposite would be true, as I know a little better how it goes, but it's not the case.
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
8 comments:
Maybe Wonder should have been named Houdini~!
Hey, could you come and nest over at my house when you're done with yours? I promise to provide the chocolate!
Chocolate is a big incentive lately . . .
Jeremy would just laugh at me when I went through that stage. I can't believe that you only have one month left.
I still go through that stage every so often. I guess it is just lingering after effects.
I wonder how the Duct tape is holding up?
The duct tape only lasted til Matt came home that afternoon. Then he made a wood circle that fits in the hole, and screwed it in. It would take a beaver to gnaw through it (hopefully!). No recent escapes, although every night she tries!
Kristi,
When are you due and have you thought of names yet for your new baby?
Any day now right? I'm patiently waiting to hear any news!
Post a Comment