So truly the one and only objective of a hamster is freedom, as we have previously dealt with - her learning to open the cage (safety pinned shut now), popping the plastic out where you can add more tubing (a piece of wood screwed into the cage now), and now our newest way out? ahh yes, Wonder has learned how to push the whole top off her cage. She got out two nights ago (I was sitting up in bed nursing the baby, and all of a sudden I am looking at a hamster crawling across my floor), so we put her back - and my wishful thinking was that it was a fluke thing, maybe I didn't put the cage back together well enough last time. But, another fact of a hamster - they never forget. If they have gotten out that way before they will try and try and try again. So, when Matt came home late last night he woke me up to say that Wonder was not in her cage. We looked around a little then decided to see if she would make a lot of noise during the night and give herself away (it's worked before). Well, after spending ALL morning looking for her, I just found her in Andrew's closet. So now I am trying to come up with a way to keep her in tonight. I'm thinking of a wood square that would fit all the way around the cage. . . We will figure it out, and I will take a picture of the greatly modified cage to post on the blog.
15 comments:
Arrggg. I could send Daisy over to find her next time if you like...
Mom thinks bungie cords.
There was a moment when I thought about Daisy . . . And I did think about bungie cords too. We tried zip ties last night, we knew she would chew through them, but it did do it's job for one night. I'll try the bungie cord tonight. . .
Hamsters of Nimh. . .
That's one reason why I won't let the kids get a hampster.....yet. :)
Am I ready? I'll let you know after I run 20 Monday. Then I'll know if I'm screwed or not. Actually I feel pretty good, I'm just aiming to finish. I'm not going to set myself up for failure by having a set time goal. You ready?
Um, I think I'll be ok. I'm pretty sure I'll finish which is my only goal too. I definitely don't feel as trained as last year, but I have been enjoying my long runs, and it feels good. So, I guess we will see. I think the thing that worries me the most is the downhill, since most of my running has been on a flat treadmill. Are you planning on running with someone, or solo?
Where I was going with that is I would love it if you wanted to run with me. I'm planning on running at least the first half with randi, and then I'll see how I feel. We generally run a 10 minute mile, so I don't know where that fits in to how you have trained?
That is music to my ears! I have been planning (with hopes) in finding you to run with because I'm all by myself. I've been training at a 10 minute mile, but I'm sure the second half will be much slower all though I hear tons of stories about people getting negative splits. I SOOOO hope we find each other before the race!
um.... where do I get to watch from?
Go to stgeorgemarathon.com and go the course info & maps and at the bottom there is list of places to watch the runners.
I had to deleate my last comment- I had way to many typo's! You have confirmed to my why I will never buy my kids a hamster! You are a role model to me on all your running! Darrell is training for a triathalon, and his dream is for our family to do one together. He takes the girl's jogging 3 times a week, and keeps trying to get me out there. I exercise at the gym, but can't get myself to run. I fear if I run all my fat will get jiggling and it will make me bounce the whole way!:)
Well I still had a few typo's in the last one, but I'm not going to retype it, sorry!! I need to go back to bed!!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Kristi
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you have a great day!!!!
Glad you're my friend. :)
Love, Kristina
Hey, are you alive? I'm getting concerned since you haven't posted in a while.
Post a Comment