Friday, July 18, 2008

Abundance of Apricots

Since I grew up picking apricots off of Grandma and Grandpa's trees I have had a hard time in my adult life buying apricots from the store - the luxury of being able to pick them ripe just spoiled me I guess. Well, I have been loving this last week, as we now have two apricot trees ripe for the picking!

Mandy and Andrew have been my great helpers. Mandy will climb up the ladder pick what she can reach, then it's Andrew's turn. Then I'll climb up and get the rest!


Andrew picking away!


Even Xander gets in on the apricot fun!


Now the joys of drying, canning, and making jam!

5 comments:

i said...

Got extras??I'd love to come pick some, but alas, the gas would cost more than the overpriced unripe ones at walmart! I felt lucky that a gal in my ward shared some here dad had brought from Utah though. We have some yummy, tart fruit leather. Good luck

Robin B said...

Olivia loves apricots. She got to pick some at Karl's when we were in Vegas. She thought they were the best.

Darrell and Alissa said...

You know- it's sad to say- I've never tasted an apricot, which means my kids haven't either! I wonder if they would be more wiling to try them if we picked them. A lot of our friends have gone blueberry picking- I keep telling myself i need to take the girls- but I don't even know if I like blueberries- or what to do with them!! Oh the sad life of an undomestic mother!!

Randi said...

So So fun!! Have you invited people from the ward over to share, yet? I remember Grandad begging people to come and pick his blackberries, and he had a hard time getting takers.
Does everyone there have fruit trees, though?

LOVE the new blog look, BTW!

Anamarie said...

That looks like lots of fun. Your new place looks fun.