Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. We would love to see your answers to the questions too.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper, with fancy bows
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, but I miss the "realness" of a real tree - minus all the dead pine needles because I forget to water the tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime the week after Thanksgiving, when everyone is home to enjoy it.
4. When do you take the tree down? In January, when it's convenient.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but not as much as Andrew does.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Care Bear chair, that I think my dad made out of PVC pipe.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Toss up between Mine, and Matt's parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mandy
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, at least seven.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? uh, neither. I keep hoping this will be the year I mail some. . . Don't hold your breath.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Don't remember
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely. But only the ones given at white elephant exchanges, or neighborhood gifts. Not presents from friends or family.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love it all. christmas candy, hot chocolate, oranges, cinnamon rolls, ham, pie. I love it all.
15. Lights on the tree? Colored.
16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night, Celine Dion version.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Love to stay home. It's so intimate with just our little family.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? "You know Dasher . . . ." Yep.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Both, Star on the snowing tree, angel on the big tree.
20. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Great -Grandparent presents on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Jammies. All others Christmas morning, not before 7am.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude people shopping.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love our snowing tree. It's all silver and white, with a snow/icicle theme.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Thanksgiving the Second.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I know this sounds like a cop out, (but it's because my husband will do a fabulous job like always) I don't even care what I get, but I can't wait to see the kids open their presents.
Merry Christmas!!
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
4 comments:
I want to see a picture of the snowing tree!!
Yes! I want to see the snowing tree too!!
I am with you about the kids opening up the presents. But my favorite moment is the night before, when all the anticipation is still there, and everything is wrapped and under the tree. And you can take a breath from all the hustle and everything is.....well....done.
I'm with you on loving to see everyone open their gifts! I love to see their faces. :)
still have the care bear chair? what a cute memory!
Post a Comment