Just because you can go in a straight line in a non-current pond doesn't mean you can paddle, or even stay upright in a fast moving river.
Sunglasses are pretty cool. Not only do they cut out the glare (which is the reason I thought we were wearing them), they also serve as eye protection when you come too close to the russian olive trees.
When someone arbitrarily tells your husband that "this one way is pretty cool," you should probably check to see if that holds true when the water is at it's highest.
All three people in the group can simultaniously encounter pretty hazardous stuff when checking out the aforementioned "pretty cool" way.
Russian olive trees can hold a paddle for you if you flip and bail (wish I had a picture).
You can see cool stuff like bald eagles and falcons.
It's pretty fun, and I think I'll try it again.
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
6 comments:
awesome! I want to get in the water! our air conditioning is out at work,.. yuck! hot hot hot. I wish you'd gotten pics too cause then I could see the water at least and imagine I was cooling off.
Kayaking is pretty awesome! Where did you go? Give me a call sometime I would love to chat.
I've never been kayaking but you make it sound so fun.
That sounds like so much fun!
that sounds awesome! i've tried it a couple times but i wasn't very good. i was always terrified of tipping and getting stuck upside down.
We saw a guy today in Golden running down alongside the river in his wet suit and that rubber shield thing around his waist chasing his kayak, and I thought of you! It sounds like you had more fun than he did!
Post a Comment