Wednesday, June 16, 2010

April Chickens







ok. I'm going to attempt to catch up on some of my blogging. Back in April we bought some chickens and began work on a chicken coop. For awhile there we had a minimum of three chickens, to a maximum of 39 chickens. Currently we are down to 25, and hopefully by this weekend we will be sitting at our final number of 20.



The goal is to have the kids collect, and sell the eggs, but the hens won't start laying until the end of July, beginning of August. If you are curious about random Chicken trivia, feel free to ask :) It's been a very interesting, very educational experience so far, especially for the kids. We love to go hang out in the run with them, and watch them interact.









3 comments:

i said...

how fun!!! chickens are fun..and stinky! :)

Ali said...

I'm jealous, I want chickens really badly but the husband won't let me. Sigh.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Love the coop! You guys are amazing all the stuff you are involved in.