Friday, November 11, 2005

write a talk. . . when??

I am such a procrastinator. I get the privilege of speaking in sacrament on Sunday and it seems that every time I sit down to work on it I either get distracted (like writing on my blog), or I get pulled away from it from my kids. Today the wonderful distraction was that I stupidly had put some old butter down the disposal - I didn't mean for it to go down the disposal, I was cleaning out the fridge and put all the leftovers in the sink, then went to clean up said leftovers and as I was cleaning out something else (and forgot that the butter was in the sink) the butter went down the disposal pretty much in a chunk. I didn't really worry about it since the sink worked fine for the rest of that day, ha ha. Today however was a different story. We spent the morning unclogging it. Inconvient but no big deal. Well, tonight I ran the dishwasher, put the kids to bed then went down to the basement to finish the lovely talk, and felt this nice humidity coming out of the guest bedroom. Yep, the dishwasher got unattached from the drain in all the mornings happenings, and now it was just leaking down to the basement. So, I just spent about the last hour cleaning out the beds, furniture, ripping up the carpet, pad and putting in fans. Now that life is somewhat less chaotic I am now going to try to work a little more on the talk before I reward myself with sleep. . . .sweet dreams!

7 comments:

Jeremy B said...

I just think it's funny that after the big drain mess you stopped to write on your blog before continuing to work on that talk. Hehehe

kristi r said...

hey, I had to relieve some of the adeneline and vent a little before I jumped right back in to doctrinal principles!!

Kris said...

How did your talk go? What was your topic? Does your ward do exit talks when people move out of your ward? Ours does, and I'm hoping, with good luck and at the time I will have just had a baby, that we'll squeek by without having to give one!

Betsy said...

The bishop just called me last night to aske me to give a talk on Sunday. I am not a fan of these assignments. But it was better than getting a new calling.

kristi r said...

Ended up not having to give the talk, and of course didn't find out until I was about to sit on the stand! Turns out they realigned the boundaries, and disassembled our ward, so the bishopric got up and spoke since they were being released. They did a mass releasing in sacrament meeting. Pretty interesting.

N8ster said...

That happened to us once. They reorganized everything so they postponed our talks for two weeks. Then, on the week we were to give them, everything ran long, so by the time I got up to give my talk, we were already running over. Shortest talk I ever gave.

Have you decided to buy a new house yet?

kristi r said...

Since Matt already gave his talk a few weeks before, and since they split our ward into three different wards, I'm hoping to get lost in the shuffle. we'll see. This house was a great house for the price and I would still buy it in our circumstance. But, next house really might be a new one, we'll have to see.