Thursday, October 09, 2008

Weird? I'm not weird. . .

Well, I'm sure that many of you can think of seven things that make me weird. But, I think I'm pretty normal (or delusional), so here's my attempt at the seven weird things about me:
1. I run marathons. I have ran four this year, and plan to run two more by the end of January.
2. I actually like to run, but there was a point about three years ago when I couldn't run more than three miles. It just takes practice (and a little determination)!
3. I am a city girl, but I love the country, and think it would be cool to live on a farm, but I'm not a cowgirl. (I know! This one is totally random! I just think most city people don't go off and move to the country, or small town. I never plan to live on a farm, but I admire that other people do. And I really am not a cowgirl, nuf said.)
4. I do have an orchard. We have two cherry trees, two apricot trees, a pear tree, two plum trees, and seven apple trees. We plan to add peaches, and some different varieties of cherries in the future.
5. This week the big extravaganza is making apple cider.
6. I like to can, dehydrate stuff, make bread, and add to the food storage. (Not so weird in the lds circle, but weird to the general population.)
7. I don't really like to read books. I have a hard time finding books I like, then I feel guilty because there are better ways to spend my time. It's just not fun - maybe in the future. (I do like to read magazines sometimes though. Because I can read an article in a couple of minutes, and it's not all consuming.)

10 comments:

Kerstin said...

One of these days we need to get together and you need to teach me how to can and all of that fun stuff...

i said...

you just sound industrious...not wierd!?!? i'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't read much other than blogs or magazines. maybe when i'm retired. :) enjoy your cider.

Randi said...

I didn't think you were weird, until you said that farm thing. Seriously??
I just don't think I could do it. But I guess that's no surprise, considering how NOT an animal person I am.
Have fun with the cider!!

Jeremy B said...

How did your St. George marathon go? We thought your next update would talk about it.

N8ster said...

I think you should come up with a few more items.

1 and 2 are the basically the same weirdness, and 4, 5, and 6 kind of all go together.

kristi r said...

I'm trying to space them out. St George was going to be my next post. :)
And yeah, they all are about the same, but I had a hard enough time coming up with them. Did you notice the title? Sounds like an invitation for your turn Nate, bring on the weird. :)

Jennifer said...

Ahhh making cider... I am so jelous! Funny, I can relate to having all the canning in neat little safe rows. I am seriously going to come can with you sometime. We can make a weekend out of it.

Jennifer said...

And yes! Let's hear about the Marathon!!

The Watts said...

I bottled apple juice last year because we had so many apples and it was delicious, I also did grape juice, peaches, pears, tomatoes, tomato juice, and pickles, but the only thing that we really used was the apple juice, so good luck, I just wish we had an apple crop this year, we had a late frost and lost them all. The first couselor in our Bishopric did the St. George Marathon.

carolyn said...

with our third baby on the way, i often worry about how i will have time to do anything. when i look at what you are up to, it gives a me a bit of hope. but of course i would first have to get mySELF organized a bit more, then maybe the kids and household can follow. sigh.