Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gingerbread House

Tonight we made a gingerbread house - one of our Christmas traditions. When we were all done I asked the kids, "who know's the story of Hansel and Gretel?" Both Mandy and Andrew said they did, and kinda took turns telling me the story, something like this,

they were two kids that went walking in the woods . . .
and they left a trail to find their way back.
Then they got to a gingerbread house. . .
and a mean witch locked them up inside . . .

Then The Little Einsteins saved them.

I really started to laugh. (But part of me groaned that a classic fairy tale has been slightly modified.)

5 comments:

i said...

love the picture ta da!!!! what a cutie...and a great tradition. ;)

Robin B said...

I love this tradition too. It is so much fun.

JoJo said...

What a funny story! love Ya Guys!

Jennifer said...

so funny! I love moments like that! I am so impressed you blogged it!

Jennifer said...

The house looks fabulous too!!