Wednesday, January 16, 2008

kindergarten

so, we had the very exciting occasion of signing Andrew up for kindergarten this week. I am still trying to decide if am or pm kindergarten is better. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

12 comments:

Jeremy B said...

I would do am, they get home earlier then you can get things done in the morning and still plan things in the afternoon or he could still come home and take a quiet time. Robin

Sariah said...

I prefer am because then you don't have to deal with the hassel of everyone else pick up their children at the same time you only have to worry about two or three other kindergarten classes. There aren't as many cars around and like Robin said you can get stuff done in the morning and then still have time to do things in the afternoon. Pm you have to do their homework and then start on dinner and you don't really have time to do anything it also breaks up your day because you have the getting them ready in the morning and then having to wait to take them to school and then two and a half hours later you have to go and pick them up.

Darrell and Alissa said...

With having 2 other kids at home I recommend AM. I was in the same boat when Lexi went to kindergarten and I loved it! I had her at school, and it made me get up and read which meant I could run errands with one less child. Then in the afternoon your other kids can sleep, and you get one on one time with Andrew. How do you feel about your oldest going into Kindergarten? I didn't think I cared, but leaving the classroom was really hard for me- it's so sad how quick they grow!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I meant ready, not read

The Jeffs Family said...

Loved morning kindergarten! I too had the choice with Parker and had no regrets. He is an early riser and I think he may have gotten sleepy had we put him in pm. It was also nice to get up and get going each morning. The stores are usually pretty empty and then you get down time in the afternoon. I would just take into account what your son's personality is. Hope this helps!

Betsy said...

Even though I am NOT a morning person, am kindergarten would save some day for you. It's like having a church schedule that's at 11 or 12. It just seems to take up the whole day. But 8 or 9am session gets you up and going and still leaves you the rest of the day. Same with school.

kristi r said...

wow. I'm amazed that you all agree on am. Thanks for all the good advice. Good things to think about!!!!

Kris said...

I've had both worlds. Spencer was in am because it made me get up and get ready for the day other wise I would stay in my jammies until noon. Drew is in pm and I love it. He goes at noon, Ella goes down for a nap when we get back from dropping him off and I have three hours of me time. I guess it all depends on your kids situation.

Felipe and Erika said...

I like AM too, kids are awake and ready to learn and can still play in the afternoon when they get home!

Earl and Vickie said...

So I was talking to a mother with an older kid and one in kindergarten and I told her you were trying to figure out am or pm. The first thing she asked was, if it was your 1st one or not. She really liked having her first child in pm kindergarten for many of the reasons you expressed. She pointed out that it made a difference for the second one because by then, she was already getting one (the older child) up for the morning school time, and so it then was easier to have two going in the morning.

N8ster said...

All day kindergarten.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Did you choose am or pm? Or do you have to wait until it's closer to the school year beginning?